There is nothing like a piece of cornbread with your favorite chili, soup, casserole, or other comfort foods.
Our dairy-free, oil-free Broccoli Cornbread is made from organic corn meal and fresh broccoli. We use ground flaxseed in place of eggs, and plant-based yogurt and applesauce for moisture.
This cornbread pairs great with our Vegetable Chili.
- 2 cups coarse cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cups plant-based yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped broccoli (fresh or thawed frozen florets)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the cornmeal in a large mixing bowl, mix in the milk and vinegar and let sit for 30-40 minutes.
- Combine the ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons of water in a small bowl and let sit for 10 minutes until thick. Add to the cornmeal mixture along with the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Lightly grease a 9×9 baking dish (or line with parchment paper) and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the center is firm to touch.
- Cut into 2 to 3-inch squares.