I’m Expanding My Practice!
My health practice previously focused on plant-based nutrition under the brand You, On Plants, however, I have always felt a strong desire to work with clients in all other aspects of wellness. To that end, I have rebranded my practice as Debbie Ingram Coaching.
Wellness is a holistic term encompassing all the areas of life that affect our health and well-being. This can include:
- General Health
- Diet & Home Cooking
- Physical Activity
- Social Life
- Home Environment
All of these wellness areas are interconnected. For example, a person making poor financial decisions or struggling in their career, or lacking social interaction will likely be suffering from stress, not sleeping well, overeating or drinking, and, in general, not taking the best care of themselves.
Health coaching is client-driven, confidential, and non-judgmental. My job is to assist people in the “how-to’s” for reaching health-related goals. I am a guide, mentor, and accountability partner, but the client is in the driver’s seat.
Health coaches are rapidly emerging as an important part of the health care team. As medical professionals learn more about how lifestyle choices lead to diseases like cancer, cardiovascular disease, stroke, diabetes, obesity, and autoimmune conditions, they are turning to health coaches to help them teach their patients how to make healthier choices, and, most importantly, how to stick with their healthy lifestyle to prevent or reverse disease.
Take the Quiz
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you may benefit from health coaching to help you achieve your goals.
1. Has your doctor has recommended making lifestyle changes?
2. Would you like to lose or gain weight?
3. Do you often set goals and abandon them after a few days or weeks?
4. Do you need someone to be accountable to in order to follow through?
5. Do you have trouble going to sleep or staying asleep?
6. Do you often feel bloated and gassy, or have chronic constipation or diarrhea?
7. Do you have leaky gut syndrome or IBS?
8. Do you have an autoimmune condition?
9. Do you have food sensitivities?
10. Are you often tired or lethargic?
11. Do you often use caffeine or sugar to get a boost of energy?
12. Are you an emotional eater?
13. Do you use alcohol, tobacco, sugar, or food when stressed, sad, lonely, or bored.
14. Do you have high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or diabetes.
15. Are you at high risk for heart attack, stroke, or cancer?
16. Do you lack support from family or friends with regard to your health goals?
17. Do you have an unhealthy obsession with food?
18. Do you want to eat healthier, but don’t know what to do?
19. Do you have trouble sticking to an exercise routine?
20. Do you not have the time to do the things you’d like to do outside of work?
21. Do you feel you are lacking joy or peace in your life?
22. Do you take care of everyone else before yourself?
How Does Health Coaching Work?
My practice begins with a free consultation so we can determine if we are a good fit to work together. Once we decide to move forward, we meet every two weeks either in person or via Zoom. I encourage people to commit to three to six months to allow for true behavior changes to develop, but you can cancel any time, or drop your sessions back to once a month.
How Do I Get Started?
Simply email me at debbieing[email protected] to schedule a free consultation!